Job Title: Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer to work for our client at their site in Cheshire, they are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their busy Engineering team, and looking for someone who is experienced Manufacturing Engineer who has proven experience of working with high value components.
- Design and project manage effective tooling solutions.
- Ensure costs are documented in order to liaise with finance.
- Assist other engineering colleagues with best practice solutions.
- Assist quality department to determine cost reductions by designing fault proof tooling.
- Produce design drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings utilizing CAD (3D and 2D).
- Read and understand Engineering drawings
- Previous design experience working within an engineering environment.
- CAD (3D and 2D) - Radan and Inventor knowledge.
- Ability to delegate and communicate well with management and staff.
- Works well under pressure.
- Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Methodical, along with the ability to balance workloads for each area
- Good team player with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Flexible on working hours
The ideal candidate is able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative and be willing to undertake other reasonable duties when required, ideally engineering apprenticeship served.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Pension scheme
- 38 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm and Fridays 8am to 1pm
- Overtime available as required
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment