- Sector: Metals
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 28 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61826
Salary range £70,000 - £80,000 (DOE) + benefits and relocation assistance
As Manufacturing Director for this medium/heavy engineering business, you will be joining a progressive SME part of a larger group that has a strong brand and reputation for manufacturing engineering excellence. The company supplies machined and fabricated assemblies across a range of industrial sectors. They are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Manufacturing Director who will report directly to the Managing Director and become an active member of the senior management team. To be successful in this role you will need significant manufacturing engineering experience gained working within a fast paced highly regulated production environment. As Manufacturing Director, you will have an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing with a track record that demonstrates an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and manage change creating a sustainable continuous improvement culture that is underpinned by high levels of employee engagement and ownership.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Director position you must have or be:
- Manufacturing engineering management experience gained working within a fast paced, high value, medium - high volume, machining / fabrication automated or manual assembly environment.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business, breaking down silos, developing flexibility, creating engagement, and a team-based ethos.
- Able to develop effective and well controlled manufacturing operations that are delivered consistently through the use of Standard Operating Procedures and measured using appropriate, meaningful, and easily understood Key Performance Indicators that will drive productivity improvement.
- A thorough understanding of modern manufacturing methods, engineering change control, visual management, JIT, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems, together with problem solving tools such as 8D, A3 Thinking, 5 Why’s and Root Cause Analysis.
- An Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering qualification to HNC/HND level or above ideally supported by a post graduate management or business qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will deliver exceptional levels of productivity, quality, and customer service.
- A dynamic and driven personality, dependable, analytical, precise, data driven with an ability to build robust working relationships at all levels, from the shop floor to the boardroom, with customers and suppliers alike.
As an experienced Manufacturing Director, you will have a successful history of implementing change, challenging tradition, and introducing sustainable lean manufacturing techniques. This will require strong leadership with a deliberate, consistent, fair management style with a focus based on Quality, Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of customer service.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.