Cell Leader - Manufacturing
2 Permanent positions - Penge and Sunbury
Manufacturing - Thermal Systems and Motion Control products.
The Cell Leader will take full operational responsibility for the manufacturing and aftermarket cells along with managing a team of Cell Operators.
The company specialises in the design and manufacture of Thermal Systems and Motion Control products for various sectors including the commercial and military aerospace, rail and oil & gas. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Manufacturing Team Leader on a permanent staff basis.
As the Cell Leader, you will be required to:
- Manufacture and deliver product as per the agreed production plans.
- Actively align cell capacity and capability with customer requirements, assess skills/capacity and implement cross training and recruitment programmes.
- Develop and enable team to meet company goals and customer requirements.
- Lead daily cell meetings to highlight and resolve any issues including delivery, EHS, Quality and staff related topics.
- Work closely with supporting functions to ensure cell team can meet operational targets and continuous improvements.
- Lead, train and mentor team in lean manufacturing techniques.
The Cell Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Precision assembly experience including motors and cooling systems would be beneficial.
- Supervisory experience in a complex, low/medium batch production environment.
- A background of implementing and driving change in a lean environment including 5s, Gemba walks and EHS ownership.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality management systems including traceability and operator self-inspection, training records and the skills matrix.
- Knowledge of air-conditioning, heaters and fans equipment or similar engineered products.
- The ability to train and mentor.
- Experience of problem-solving tools - poke yoke, 8D etc.
This role is offering a good salary along with 25 days holidays, pension and life assurance scheme.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Team or Cell Leader and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.