Manufacturing Assembly Manager - whole vehicle
Leamington Spa, West Midlands
An experienced Manufacturing Assembly Manager is required for this specialist vehicle manufacturer. With a unique vehicle concept this established business is moving into the production phase of a niche electric vehicle. As a member of the senior management team you will have full responsibility for planning this new assembly operation and creating a world class production facility based on a JIT, no fault forward, short lead time manufacturing principles. As part of this activity you will play a leading role in recruiting, coaching and training a team of assembly technicians and creating a culture based on engagement, self-directed work teams and high performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to introduce lean manufacturing principles into a final vehicle assembly operation. The position requires an in-depth understanding of TPS, layout and facilities planning and a proactive make it happen attitude. As Manufacturing Assembly Manager, you must have a track record of achievement gained within an Automotive OEM or low volume, high value, special vehicle operation. Your must demonstrate an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Assembly Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience as a Manufacturing or Final Assembly Manager working within a high value automotive OEM vehicle assembly environment.
- A thorough understanding of TPS, Policy Deployment, JIT, OEE, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 5 why, root cause analysis, 8D, A3 thinking and DMAIC.
- Experience of working within a fast paced, semi-automated and manual assembly environment covering new model introduction incorporating the use of a modern ERP systems.
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally to HND level or above with an absolute belief in quality.
- A real passion for continuous improvement, leading by example, setting exacting standards and not accepting second best.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business will be required
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and influence the people you work with at all levels
This is a challenging high-profile role and you will take full responsibility for the final assembly of a unique vehicle. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will work as part of a small close-knit senior management team that are "doers", that make things happen and get involved. This team and the work force are fully committed to delivering and developing a class leading vehicle assembly operation. The role of Manufacturing Assembly Manager will require strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of employee engagement and customer satisfaction.