Job title: Manufacturing and Simulation Engineer
Salary Range: up to £21.50 p/h
A Manufacturing and Simulation Engineer is required with knowledge of automotive manufacturing preferably in Trim & Final assembly.
- planning, coordination and delivery of any new or modified processes and equipment driven by new or model year vehicle programs in to the manufacturing facilities
- planning, co-ordination and delivery of Manufacturing process simulations and virtual build events for all new and model year programs
- Preparing and analysing the product and process data in support of feasibility assessments Writing & publishing reports for completed simulations
- Proposing product, process or equipment enhancements
- Generating 3D Station Layouts to support 3D Station Readiness reviews
- Supporting virtual build activities with data prep and visualisation
- Virtual to physical validation of simulations
- Continuous development & improvement of simulation methods & toolsets
Key skills required:
- A high level of computer literacy (Microsoft office)
- Ability to learn new simulation software packages quickly
- Effective at Problem Solving
- NVQ level 3 in an Engineering related subject
- Manufacturing Experience - preferably within the automotive sector specifically in the Trim & Final assembly area
- Engineering Degree with previous Simulation toolset experience of Vis-Mockup / Jack / Process Simulate / Process Designer / Delmia / TCE / Microsoft office Awareness of the following software apps would be desirable: RobCAD / Catia V5 / 3D AutoCAD / FactoryCAD / GSPAS
In return for your experience, this West Midlands based Automotive company will offer you:
- Up to £21.50 p/h depending upon experience
- An excellent opportunity to gain automotive OEM experience
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon.
If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.