Job title: Manual Transmission and Clutch Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £22.06 per hour LTD
The MT & Clutch Engineer is responsible for the specification, validation & delivery of clutch & actuation systems across multiple vehicle applications. Validation tests must be planned and coordinated with the internal test team (rig & vehicle based) and issues evaluated and addressed within a quick timescale.
The MT & Clutch Engineer must ensure all test are completed on time to ensure timely delivery of the clutch/actuation to the vehicle programmes.
A key part of the role is to develop and enhance the current hardware planning, sign-off and releasing processes in order to improve the efficiency of the team and to ensure no clutch/actuation failure modes are released into production and service.
The Manual Transmission & Clutch Engineer is also responsible to ensure all NVH targets are met and interface issues identified and addressed.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Good Mechanical Engineering background with a proven record of on time project delivery of MT, Clutch & Actuation components (in an Automotive or similar environment).
- Experience & knowledge of manual transmission, clutch & actuation systems.
- Strong analytical skills and techniques demonstrated in the resolution of complex hardware & system issues.
- Experience of leading meetings with the supplier & programme team to coordinate project delivery & the resolution of project & technical issues.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Architecture & system interfaces (engine, pedal box, manual transmission)
- Strong planning mindset to ensure robust plans are developed.
- Good communication and presentation skills, good PC/IT skills, flexible, committed, self starter & a strong team worker.
- Proven supplier management skills, capable of running supplier project & technical meetings & managing the resolution of issues with internal & external stakeholders.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for details.