Job title: Manual Machinist
Salary Range: around £33,000
Industry/ Strapline: Aerospace/ Manual Machinist/ Conventional Lathe/ Conventional Miller/ Turning/ Milling
A Manual Machinist is required with knowledge of conventional milling and turning machine operation skills and ability to work to tight tolerances. Candidates with experience of the precision engineering industry would be well received.
Due to company growth, a description based in Sheffield requires a Manual Machinist for a new permanent role. As a successful applicant you will be required to:
- Self-inspecting work against engineering drawings with various hand measurement tools.
- Maintain good housekeeping and ensure all routine daily machine maintenance is upheld, keeping health and safety and the machine is working optimally.
- Responsible for manual machining to specified tolerances.
- Machine operation of both manual milling and turning.
The Manual Machinist should have the following skills or experience:
- Be able to operate Bridgeport (or similar) manual millers and Colchester (or similar) type lathes.
- The machinist must be skilled in reading engineering drawings.
- Engineering Background with an ability to work to very tight tolerances.
- Varying metals knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of precision manual machining in both milling and turning to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Sheffield-based aerospace company will offer you:
- £33,000 (paid hourly)
- Working days and nights on a weekly rotating pattern with night shifts mon-thurs.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of precision machining and varying machine operation background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manual Machinist role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195.