about 2 years ago
Job title: Manual Machinist
Salary Range: Competitive
Industry/ Strapline: Turning/ Machining/ Engineering/ Precision Engineering/ Aerospace
A Manual Machinist is required with knowledge of engineering and manual turning. Candidates with experience of the aerospace or precision engineering industry would be well received.
Due to company growth, a Reading based company requires a Manual Machinist for a new permanent role. As a successful applicant you will be required to:
- Hold tight tolerances, working with various materials on a manual lathe.
- Work small batch run work with an ability to maximise efficiency in their sector.
- Have a proven background of manual turning to high tolerance levels.
- Be able to apply themselves to their work and work cohesively with others in the team.
- Responsible for following technical drawings accurately and basic machine maintenance such as oil levels, etc.
The Manual Machinist should have the following skills or experience:
- Must have proven one off experience, with self-inspection knowledge.
- Apprenticeship trained.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good engineering understanding with an ability to implement this in the workplace.
- Aerospace or similar precision engineering knowledge.
- Previous knowledge on conventional lathes (Must have).
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of machining/engineering and a manual turning background to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Reading-based aerospace company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Prestigious company
- Night shift
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of manual turning and looking to build a working knowledge and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manual Machinist role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195.