Six figure salary + benefits
Managing Director – Metal Fabrications
Six figure salary + benefits – North West
An experienced Managing Director is required for an established manufacturing SME involved in the production of bespoke material handling and packaging systems. This company has an excellent reputation for the manufacture and supply of engineered solutions from design concept to full customer acceptance and delivery. With a sound reputation for delivering high quality products across a wide range of industry sectors they have become a key supplier to many successful and widely recognised brands. To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have a demonstrable track record of sustainable growth, delivered through your passion for operational and customer service excellence
To complement your strong leadership, commercial and business acumen you will have a confident and engaging personality, take a long-term view, but have a real eye for detail. In addition, you will be commercially astute, an accomplished negotiator and be comfortable dealing face to face with suppliers and customers.
To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have:
- Significant P&L experience working in a senior management/leadership position for a manufacturing SME ideally within a fast paced, low to medium volume bespoke welding/fabrication business.
- An ability to take a holistic view of business, think strategically, plan for the long term but ensure that short term goals and objectives are being achieved.
- Have a thorough understanding of modern manufacturing methods with a real passion for continuous Improvement built on a high-performance culture based on teamwork, trust, people engagement and ownership.
- An ability to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent people management skills and a tenacious approach to instilling disciplines that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
- Qualifications to degree level in manufacturing, engineering or a technically related discipline is required and will ideally be supported by further post graduate technical, management or business qualifications.
- A broad range of technical and industry knowledge, able to develop strategic plans that can be translated into business objectives that are understood across the organisation at all levels.
- A dynamic, outgoing, and approachable personality, not prepared to accept second best with a real passion for people development, operational excellence, and exceptional customer service.
This is a high-profile Managing Director position that offers a great opportunity to join an established business and continue to develop its successful reputation and capability across existing and new industrial sectors. If you are up for the challenge this role will require solid leadership and business management skills together with significant experience of delivering a winning culture that can meet and exceed customer expectations.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.