£90k - 100k per year + Uncapped Bonus + Car/Allowance + Pension + PHC + Death in Service
about 1 month ago
Managing Director – Mechanical Division
£90,000 to £100,000 + Uncapped Bonus + Car/Allowance + Pension + PHC + Death in Service
My client is a multi
-discipline engineering services business. Founded in 1990 the business originally provided electrical installation and test services. Today the company provides multiple engineering services across many manufacturing sectors, typically - food and beverage, automotive, aerospace & defence, pharmaceutical & bio sciences, petrochemical and general manufacturing. Across GB&I, the group operates 18 divisions and aims to double its turnover by 2025.
A vacancy currently exists for the Managing Director of its Mechanical Division.
The Mechanical Division has built a reputation for providing world class mechanical solutions to a prstigious client base.
The division has 4 strategically-located centres of excellence (certified to BS-EN1090-1 standards) typically completing over 2,000 projects a year, ranging in size.
With core competencies that include Project Management, Design, Fabrication, Installation and Maintenance, the divisions offer a full life-cycle service.
The Managing Director will be responsible for controlling and overseeing all business operations, people and ventures. The role assumes responsibility for the overall success of the business.
You will be the strategist and a leader who is able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. You will have the leadership and vision to ensure strong decision making in the organisation. You will direct and grow the existing senior team of Divisional Managers and Project Managers.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic input to the COO and CEO and members of the board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, key decision-makers and other divisional MD’s and stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Ensure problems are raised and dealt with appropriately and in a structured way taking personal responsibility for ensuring robust solutions are applied.
- Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Work with the Group marketing team to develop and maintain an effective marketing and strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company’s work.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Either degree educated or with appropriate qualifications and experience gained through an apprenticeship or similar route
- Considerable experience (10 years +) in a technical service provision environment
- Able to adopt and develop the company vision and translate it into strategic and operational practice
- Able to identify commercial solutions and opportunities to drive further growth
- Experienced in managing a business or division across several sectors and disciplines
- A true people person who understands the power of relationships and collaboration
- Data rational and understands inter-relationships between key business measures, functions and operational outputs within the business/divisions
- Possesses the optimum mixture of gravitas and natural people skills, being a strong communicator at all levels
- Strong understanding of complex business problems and ability to identify appropriate solutions through people and process management in rapid timeframes when required
- Ability to understand financial reports and identify strategies and objectives to drive growth
This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who understands people, processes and commercial opportunity to join the board of a growing and successful business at an exciting time in its development.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.