Salary up to £110,000 (DOE) + Benefits Package
3 months ago
Managing Director (Designate) – Construction, Building Services, M&E
Salary up to £110,000 (DOE) + benefits package, (West Midlands)
A Managing Director (Designate) is required for an established professional and highly regarded Building Services organisation. This company has an excellent reputation and is respected for its knowledge, experience, high quality project and contract delivery performance. Having collaborated and worked on iconic projects across the UK, this business has become the partner of choice for several high-profile construction main contractors and developers. With a solid reputation built upon sound ethical business values, social responsibility and a people focused culture that values ownership and engagement this is a business with a bright future.
With ambitious growth plans and succession in mind they are now looking to recruit a forward thinking, dynamic Managing Director (Designate) who will continue to deliver the vision and mission of this successful business and guide it through its next period of growth. The successful candidate will initially work alongside the current Managing Director for a familiarisation and proving period of 6 to 12 months, based on success you will then be promoted to Managing Director, resulting in an enhanced salary and benefits package.
To complement your strong leadership, and business acumen you will have a confident and engaging personality, take a long-term view, but have a real eye for detail. In addition, you will be commercially astute, an accomplished negotiator with excellent communications skills and confident dealing face to face with suppliers and customers.
To be considered for this Managing Director (Designate) position you must have:
- Experience working in a senior management/leadership position with P&L responsibility ideally gained in construction, building services or a related sector such as building merchants/suppliers, utilities, or asset management.
- A passion for operational excellence and able to quickly understand the commercial, technical, and engineering capability within the company and develop a senior management team that will deliver long term strategic goals and day to day business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal, written and presentation, capable of building robust working relationships across the business at all levels both internally and externally with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- The drive and desire to continue the development of a winning culture based on sound, ethical business values, continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and excellent customer service that will deliver repeat business and profitable growth.
- A passion for people development, an accomplished mentor and coach, able to train and pass on skills and continually look to develop, upskill, and enhance the knowledge held within the business.
- Qualifications that are either technical, commercial, or business related, and supported by training and continued professional development. Post graduate qualifications in management or business is desired but not essential.
- Strong project management skills, numerate and data driven, commercially astute and confident dealing with suppliers and customers in contract negotiations.
- An ability to lead by example, setting high standards based on honesty integrity and trust. An outgoing and approachable personality, highly credible, demanding but fair getting the best out of people and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
This Managing Director (Designate) position offers a great opportunity to join an established well run and profitable business. As an accomplished business leader, you will be able to demonstrate a track record of success based on collaboration, partnership, and relationship building with clients, suppliers, and stakeholders. This highly visible role will require energy, drive and determination to maintain and grow the reputation of this profitable and successful business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.