Up to £95000.00 per annum + bonus + car allowance + pension
almost 2 years ago
Salary circa £95,000 (DOE) + bonus + car allowance + pension
Location: Rainham, Essex
An experienced Managing Director is required for an established manufacturer of specialist metal processing equipment, ancillary items and consumables. This SME business has established itself as the go to brand and has a product portfolio built on a reputation of quality, reliability and excellent customer service. With ambitious plans for new product development and services they are now looking to recruit a dynamic, driven and commercially focussed Managing Director to lead the company through a challenging period of growth. With full P&L responsibility you will direct the business through an exciting period of expansion that will include a heavy emphasis on developing the UK market in line with national infrastructure growth and regeneration.
To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have or be:
- Working as a Managing Director within a technical product engineering and manufacturing process environment
- An entrepreneurial nature with a keen eye for business development, collaboration and cross selling of products and services
- Experience of competitive tendering, bidding and contract negotiation within both the private and public sector
- Excellent HR and people management skills, a proven leader who can manage change and deliver organisational growth
- A solid understanding of manufacturing and production, with hands on experience of metal processing (welding, casting, metallurgy) including plant layout, 5S, root cause analysis, quick changeover and problem-solving techniques
- Commercially aware and financially astute, having held responsibility for P&L, cashflow management, budgets and forecasts
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to deal with suppliers and customers to ensure the highest levels of customer service and delivery are achieved
- A clear commercial focus with an eye for detail that will ensure robust standards are in place to deliver accurate sales, contract, design and BOMs information that will enable effective production planning and scheduling using MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create ownership, understanding and a desire to succeed across the business at all levels
- A degree in a relevant engineering, manufacturing, materials or metallurgy discipline, supported by further business or management qualifications (MBA)
This is a challenging Managing Director position that represents an opportunity to work for a forward-thinking business with real ambitions for growth. The role will require frequent travel in the UK and the ability to build robust working relationships with key clients and industry decision makers is important. In addition, you will work with research establishments and represent the company at trade fairs, conferences and become an active member of relevant industry bodies and committees.
This is an exciting opportunity that will require a hands-on approach and you will take full responsibility for the strategic management, day to day running and control of a well-respected and profitable business.