CAE NVH Manager
Salary Range: £50,000 - £55,000 Per Annum
A CAE NVH Manager is required with the ability to construct a full vehicle NVH model from scratch.
This company based in Gaydon requires a CAE NVH Manager with excellent understanding of mechanical engineering theory and practice for a new contract role.
The CAE NVH Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical or similar fields
- Background in automotive engineering through degree or professional experience
- Worked on a minimum of two full vehicle programmes in a NVH CAE lead role - overseeing the work of other engineers
- Worked on a minimum of three full vehicle programmes using NASTRAN and/or Optistruct to deliver NVH attribute performance
- Worked on a minimum of four full vehicle programmes having experienced a broad knowledge of automotive engineering design and manufacturing, particularly relating to body structures
- Excellent understanding of mechanical engineering theory and practice
- Knowledge of materials used in the high-performance automotive or aerospace sectors, e.g. aluminium alloys and carbon composites
- Ability to construct a full vehicle NVH model from scratch
- Hands-on experience of FE pre- and post-processing software (e.g. Hyperworks, Oasys suite, etc.)
- Ability to construct a coupled structural /acoustic cavity model from scratch
- Ability to manage and oversee CAE Engineers
- Have the knowledge and understanding to generate stiffness, strength and NVH load cases for all vehicle systems
- Effective in communication: verbal and written
- Be able to deal with high levels of uncertainty
- Excellent presentation skills
- Be able to integrate into a developing and dynamic team
- Keen to take on challenge whilst having a proactive and positive approach to work
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and deliver them to demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Good facilitator, problem solver and able to police systems and encourage compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with automotive development background to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Cranfield based automotive company will offer you:
- £50,000 - £55,000 Per Annum
If you have any questions about the CAE NVH Manager role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.