£35k - 45k per year + Company pension, 25 days holiday, healthcare
01384 446 174
3 months ago
Manufacturing and Engineering
Salary up to £45,000, pension, 25 days holiday, healthcare plan
We have been asked to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant for a well-established and well-known general engineering and manufacturing business based in Kidderminster.
This newly created post reports into The Finance Director, you will already have experience and knowledge of working in industry, in particular the manufacturing sector. The business is going through a period of expansion and demand for their goods has increased over the last 6 months.
The main purpose of the Management Account is:
- Provision of financial and non-financial information to management for decision making.
- Supporting the Finance & HR Director through taking ownership of the following business processes whilst adhering to regulatory compliance, accounting standards and meeting relevant deadlines
- Sales Ledger
- Management Accounts
Key responsibilities and duties
- Sales Ledger management & Collection of Debt
- Daily management and reporting of bank accounts
- Preparation of all schedules for management accounts including accruals & prepayments.
- Variance analysis and explanations
- Preparation of management accounts for final review with line manager
- Responsible for producing Balance Sheet Reconciliations and resolving any erroneous entries.
- Completion of the Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Reporting on ONS Statistics
- Posting of relevant journals required for month end process.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Provision of monthly statistics
- Working with team to improve automation of internal processes.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications:
- CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Computer literate and confident with numbers.
- Willing to work with others to develop and improve processes.
- Experience within department or manufacturing company of similar background.
- Experience of planning using ERP systems.
- Key technical skills in core business areas of finance
If you feel you have the right background and qualifications, please apply for further information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.