£20.00 to £26.00 p/h LTD
Maintenance Technician urgently required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
- Maintain the mechanical and electrical plant within the GED facility to the high standard required to keep the company at the forefront of today's technology.
- Technicians will cover test bed and other facility breakdowns using fault diagnostics techniques; calibrate test bed equipment such as dynamometers and high speed, low speed pressure transducers and control systems.
- They also cover repair of equipment and the installation and commissioning of new facilities.
- It is expected that the candidate is subject matter expert in one or more of the following discipline; PLC, electrical, BMS (ownership), Quality documentation (17025 compliant).
- Ability to maintain records, read and interpret technical drawings and work with engineers, contractors and colleagues to design, install, commission and maintain new, refurbished and modified equipment.
- Own improvement and root cause investigation projects through leading small teams and, through technical presentations report to the wider teams and management.
- They must be excellent at working with a diverse, cross function team. Proven decision making skills in high pressure situations. Excellent at personal time management and priority setting to meet customer targets.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Multi-skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines
- Experience or qualifications for working to health and safety standards/regulations
- BS 7671:2008 IEE 17th Electrical Regulations
- Qualifications/Experience of Programmable Logic Control (Allen Bradley, RS logix5000, Siemens)
- Qualifications/Experience in fault finding of hydraulic systems
- Qualifications/Experience in Calibration of instrumentation
- Qualifications/Experience in Laser alignment of rotating equipment
- Qualifications/Experience in CAD, CREO or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret, design, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings.
- Forklift Truck licence (Desirable)
- MEWP lift licence (Desirable)
- Grinding Wheel Regulations
- Key Skills Level 3 (Or relevant experience)
- Hot Watch authority
- First aid at work
The position will be a long-term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £20.00 t0 £26.00 Ltd Co per hour.
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Apply today! Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Our client is looking to interview ASAP!