Industry/Sector: Maintenance and Engineering
A Maintenance Technician is required for a leading distributor of electronics, automation and control components. We are looking for a multi-skilled Maintenance Technician who you will provide, on a shift basis, preventative, reactive and continuous improvement (projects) maintenance services, including inspection, diagnosis, repair, calibration, improvements and upgrading of control equipment and handling equipment. You must be a multi-skilled, electrically strong candidate. You will be required to work on the following types of equipment: roller conveyors, small three phase mounts, control cabinets, picking (e.g. cranes) and automated equipment.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be required to:
- Ensure reliable and safe operation of all equipment processes for the whole site.
- Help deliver zero downtime, zero accidents and 100% customer order fulfilment to the schedules set out by the logistics and operations function.
- Prioritise tasks, work on own initiative, maintain a safe and tidy workshop, liaise with external contractors and comply with H&S roles and statutory regulations.
- Plan maintenance and servicing on all MHE equipment, record and document all activity and assist in the installation, commissioning and trials of equipment as directed.
The Maintenance Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Recognised maintenance qualification (NVQ level 3 or above)
- Previous experience in a similar industrial environment
- Able to interpret electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC drawings and schematics
- Knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Experience of working within a time critical, distribution/operational/manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of PLC's and control systems
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing processes
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of industrial electrical equipment and have a maintenance background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Maintenance Technician role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .