Salary up to: £28,000 (+ shift allowance/benefits/bonus)
Electrically biased Maintenance Technician opportunity to work for an off-highway manufacturer based in Peterlee.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Maintaining equipment and using a computerised maintenance system which includes: Automated Metal Cutting equipment including Lasers and Plasmas, Automated Paint Plant, Robotic welding systems, Welding Plant, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Electronic Torque, Automated Moving Lines, Hydraulic Presses, Overhead and Semi Goliath
- Diagnostic and programming PLCs
- Responding to equipment breakdowns, identifying root cause and completing repairs to equipment
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions on industrial/assembly equipment, machinery and building as required
- Perform preventative maintenance as per schedules
- Order replacement parts and stocks
- Adhere to the company's Health and Safety policy and safe working practices
- Adhere to Caterpillar's Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Teamwork
- Undertake training/further learning as required
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Multi skilled craftsmen, (with strong Electrical bias ideally) who has experience working in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- Accredited apprenticeship qualification
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative
- The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives
- Have a fully flexible approach to the job role and responsibilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisation skills
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures
- Good problem-solving skills, necessary to get to the root cause of issues
- Willing to work a multi-shift system and a reasonable amount of overtime.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Experience in using PLC based systems would be an advantage
- Experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Multi-skilled in both electrical / mechanical functions
- 17th Edition IEE Regulations would be an advantage
- Experience using FLT and MEWP
- Previous experience leading a team/supervisory experience
This is a permanent opportunity working for a well-known global manufacturer based in Peterlee and offers an excellent salary package plus benefits and the potential for further career development.
If you would like to know more about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.