Maintenance Technician - Packing Maintenance
Food Manufacturing Operations- East London
Salary + shift allowance + benefits
The company is a high-profile and respected brand in the food manufacturing industry. The purpose of the role is to provide an effective maintenance service to all plant, and equipment used within the refining and packing areas with emphasis on improving plant availability and reliability.
The main duties of the Maintenance Technician - Packing Maintenance role:
- To plan, schedule and agree daily/weekly workload with the Area Maintenance Leader, incorporating preventative, predictive and improvement activities.
- Supervise maintenance activities optimising available onsite resources and contractors to ensure expedient and high-quality repairs, servicing and improvement projects.
- Undertake detailed reports on component failures, generating and implementing modifications & improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
- Mentor, train and advise on engineering practices and maintenance issues at all levels.
- Meet with suppliers or potential suppliers and carry out audits & visits to supplier's premises when required.
- Plan plant insurance inspections liaising with the insurance inspector when required.
- Ensure compliance with PPE compliance at all times.
Required skills and experience: Maintenance Technician - Packing Maintenance
- Comparable experience of maintenance within an automated continuous process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
- HNC or NVQ level 4 in an engineering discipline is essential
- Experience of predictive and preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and environmental systems/procedures.
- Multi-skilled across a range of engineering trades.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary. Alternatively, please call Justin Wainwright directly on 01268 889267