Maintenance Technician - West Midlands - Attractive - Permanent- Aerospace
A Maintenance Technician is required to join a leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturing company on Permanent basis that specialises in products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Manager.
The Maintenance Technician will ensure all electrical and mechanical maintenance is achieved on all plant, equipment and services within the manufacturing unit. The Maintenance Technician will provide diagnosis for major faults and conduct repair & maintenance procedures.
The Maintenance Technician will also carry out in depth mechanical and electrical modifications as required.
This is an exciting time for a Maintenance Technician to join an expanding and large manufacturing organisation that will offer both progressive and professional development opportunities.
Requirements, Experience and Skills of the Maintenance Technician
- Ideally applicants should have served a recognised apprenticeship
- Achieved qualifications to ONC or HND or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering
- The ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic drawings
- An understanding of symbols and ladder diagrams
- Experience in diagnosing faults and rectifying where appropriate on a variety of plant
- Experience in diagnosing faults within machines and equipment
- A good understanding of electronics and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- The ability to make programme changes as required
- Excellent communication skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- An understanding of the Electrical Wiring Regulations 16 and 17th Edition
- An understanding of the Electricity at Work Act 1989
- Must be flexible and willing to work shifts and on their own initiative
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this Maintenance Technician role then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review. or call my direct line on 01384 446102.