Maintenance Technician - Rail Sector – Permanent - Attractive - Rosyth Area
A Maintenance Technician is required to join an established company with a good reputation in the Rail Sector. The successful Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and they will join the Maintenance department.
The Maintenance Technician will carry out the maintenance and repair of all site facilities, plant and equipment and the upkeep of all relevant documentation.
Responsibilities and Skills Required of the Maintenance Technician
- Working at height (Overhead cranes) and confined space.
- Working (inside large) machines will occur from time to time.
- This role is best suited to industrial biased electricians.
- Observe Safe Working Practices and current Health and Safety Requirements.
- Tasks completed must conform to the Quality Standards and Internal Work Instructions.
- Maintain and promote a safe and tidy working environment.
- Accurately and efficiently carry out all aspects of electrical maintenance tasks.
- Self-Inspect work prior to commissioning and after installation or repair.
- Ensure any plant and equipment internally or externally hired is operated correctly.
- Defects are reported to a Maintenance Supervisor or Production Support Manager.
- Co-operate with both Electrical and Mechanical Supervisors.
- Always endeavor to improve standards and reduce costs.
- Complete all Maintenance and Shift Reports as requested.
- Comply with the Company Code of Conduct.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by the business.
Experience and Qualifications Required for the Maintenance Technician
- A minimum of City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering.
- Or a similar qualification with a proven record of practical experience.
- Experience within and Industrial or Manufacturing environment.
- Time-served / qualified candidates who are electrical biased preferred.
- Knowledge of PLC controls would be an Advantage.
- An Excellent team player with a sound understanding of planned maintenance procedures.
- The ability to effectively analyse, record and interpret data.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Maintenance Technician, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.