Job specification: Maintenance Team Leader - Boots
Reporting to: Site Manager
Overview of the role:
- To support the Knapp Site Engineering manager in his duties in providing a highly available automation system
- In conjunction with Knapp UK technicians, provide a first class site response to the customer, ensuring as far as reasonably practical a first time right policy.
- Involvement in meetings as and when required, both with the customers and Knapp UK.
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support. On all equipment and software issues on the installed equipment
- Be part of the Issue Management and the internal escalation process on all related maintenance issues, in partnership with the customer.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers and your responsibility team, to enable Knapp to provide a first class service.
- Provide performance in terms of controlling maintenance activities on site, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
- To provide maintenance support on other issues as well as the installed system, when requested to work on these items when work loading permits..
- To co-ordinate a team of site technicians and third party repair companies on their activities on site.
- Maintain Quality of Service by ensuring good quality communications between both customers and Knapp.
- Ensure that reports are well written and legible.
- Implementation of Site quality procedures, safety procedures, and any statutory procedures.
- Regular meetings with the Site Engineering Manager of Knapp UK, and Knapp head office service co-ordinator to discuss activities and progress.
- Involvement with suppliers ensuring their maintenance visits are kept up to date.
- Providing maintenance service support, to the installed system.
- Ensure that all spares issues are dealt with efficiently and rapidly.
- Ensuring the company equipment supplied is well cared for and is always in a presentable/usable/maintained condition.
- Provide flexibility and the best use of skills and capabilities of the maintenance team on site.
- Ensure that all time sheets and documentation is correct and legible with all the correct job numbers entered, and presented to Knapp on a weekly basis.
- HNC/HND/ONC Apprenticeship/BTEC, City and Guilds in appropriate subjects. Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding in Control software at PC and PLC level
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a relevant industry or service.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally, clear concise writing skills
- Demonstrable experience in man management
- Experience of having operated a CMMS system preferred.
- Proven track record in service maintenance
- Minimum of an I.O.S.H qualification in Health and Safety preferred support, and or building services
- Team oriented
- Customer focused
- Ability to "think on their feet"
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
Knapp is a growing globally operating business and this role offers the potential to grow within our business.
Applicants are invited to complete an application form from Sharepoint, provide a copy of their CV with a covering letter detailing of their current remuneration, experience, notice period, training and qualifications to:
I am pleased to advise you of a new Team Leader engineering vacancy at our Boots Distribution Centre at Burton on Trent as per the attached job specification. The job commands a base salary of £36,133 plus a shift allowance of £4,000. The usual pension, life assurance and private healthcare for employee, wife and children apply. Shifts are continental - 12 hour 6-6 and there are 20 days holiday with Bank holidays worked as per their shift pattern.
We are looking for a quick start and will be commencing first stage interviewing on 11th December, followed by 2nd interviews on 21st December.
I can confirm that the fee payable for this recruitment on this particular site will be a flat fee of £4,500.
The recruiting manager for this vacancy is the Site Manager, Graham Meakin 07584 681343 and I would be grateful if you could give him a call to discuss the role in more detail.
Thank you for your assistance with this vacancy - we look forward to working with you again and receiving some excellent CVs!