£36,480 per year
3 months ago
Role: Maintenance Team Leader
Salary: £36'480 inclusive of shift allowance
Shift: Double Days
Key Areas of experience:
- At least 3 years post apprenticeship experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of process equipment; maintenance, operation, machine and tool setting.
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety regulations
- Fault finding of electrical control systems (No programming experience required)
- Knowledge and understanding of Conveyor Systems, Electric Drives & Servo Systems, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, PLC's
- A recognised electrical apprenticeship with City & Guilds qualifications or equivalent is preferred
Main scope of role:
- To lead a team of Maintenance Technicians on shift in ensuring maintenance activities are executed in a timely manner. Deliver objectives set for shift by Maintenance Group Leader
- Responsible for effective coordination and execution of maintenance activity on shift.
- Plan the maintenance activities of the maintenance team on shift.
- Lead and supervise maintenance team on fault finding and repair of plant and machinery .
- Plan and supervise the installation of new plant and equipment .
- Liaise with Production Group and Team Leaders to understand priorities for shift.
- Drive continuous improvement mindset within the team by promoting and participating in the I-improve scheme.
- Attend continuous improvement meetings with Maintenance Group Leader and support CI activity using members of team.
- Support the daily R0 meetings ensuring presence of the maintenance team at the meeting.
- Ensure maintenance KPI's are recorded and updated by all Maintenance Technicians.
- Responsible for Maintenance KPI's on shift (for example response times, planned maintenance vs reactive breakdown).
- Implement and drive system of PPM's.
- Ensuring attendance and performance of Maintenance Technicians on shift using Company HR processes (Return to work interviews and performance review process) and recognising strong performers using focussed recognition system.
- Develop self in accordance with the Maintenance Department's Skills Standards Handbook.
- Support Maintenance Technician's development against the Maintenance Department's Skills Standards Handbook; driving cross transfer of skilling between team members.
- Provide training sessions on new plant and equipment.
- Liaise with HR and Maintenance Group Leader on training needs of Maintenance Technicians.
- Contribute towards and follow safe systems of work in relevant areas leading by example.
- Ensure adherence to health & safety regulations and site procedures whilst working (e.g. LOTO, Risk Assessments, safe systems of work etc).
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety regulations including PTW, SSOW and LOTO.
- Promote a "zero-accidents at work" culture, by reporting Near Misses and participation in Risk Assessments.
- Support the implementation of Professional Maintenance Pillar under World Class Manufacturing methodology.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.