£54k per year
about 2 months ago
Role: Maintenance Team Leader
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £54'000 (46'000 plus £8'000 shift allowance)
Benefits: Includes company pension and private healthcare
Hours: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. (12 hour shifts - Days and
Nights - 6 till 6)
Overview of the Role: Maintenance Team Leader
- To improve operational performance by safe, effective management and development of the engineering team on site. To support the Site Supervisor in the implementation of Maintenance Excellence roadmap in the Engineering function.
Responsibilities: Maintenance Team Leader
- Ensure the department operates in a safe and responsible manner, adhering to all H&S policies and standards.
- Motivation of engineering team through effective leadership, coaching and development of team
- Apprentice mentoring
- Support Maintenance Excellence roadmap implementation plan for site
- Adherence to planned maintenance schedules through effective resource planning
- Adequate plant cover, as required, through effective resource planning
- Undertake analysis of CMMS data to assist forward planning, opportunity for equipment improvement
- Fully support end to end people calendar
- Review maintenance activities and identify opportunities to improve effectiveness
- RCA/5 why analysis/problem solving techniques.
- Support the site and departmental 5s programme.
- To liaise with manufacturers of specialist machinery, equipment and component suppliers to promote standardisation, improvements and cost effectiveness opportunities
- Leadership capabilities - including delivery of performance review, development and coaching of team, dealing with employee relations issues
- Act as a role model for company values.
- Ensures own activities are aligned to overall business objectives and knows how current performance impacts the bottom line
- Collaboratively works with other teams to improve our business
- Promote a strong safety culture at all times and compliance to current H&S standards
- Utilises all available opportunities, enabling others to improve the way we do things
Preferred Qualifications/Experience: Maintenance Team Leader
- HNC/HND/ONC Apprenticeship/BTEC, City and Guilds in appropriate subjects. Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding in Control software at PC and PLC level (programming not required)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a relevant industry or service.
- Demonstrable experience in man management
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.