My client are a prestigious multi-national engineering and manufacturing company who design and manufacture high precision machined components.
They are looking for a dynamic electrically biased Maintenance Supervisor to manage an efficient and effective maintenance department ensuring all machinery and facilities are maintained and improved both electrically and mechanically.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the maintenance team to provide electrical and mechanical engineering support to the manufacturing operations ensuring minimal downtime of all plant and machinery and ensuring cost control is maintained at all times
- To manage the maintenance team on a day to day basis ensuring their welfare and health and safety are maintained effectively, providing an environment where morale and motivation are high through the understanding of individuals personal aspirations and needs
- Utilise the maintenance team resources to ensure the resources available are allocated to breakdowns, tasks, improvements and refurbishment priorities
- To develop and manage a TPM schedule for all plant and machinery to minimise breakdowns and improve machine capability
- To develop the maintenance systems for breakdowns, tasks, servicing, spares, improvements and refurbishment to improve machine downtime and capability
- To manage and develop the maintenance team, through regular appraisals and reviews of skills and competency, identify any gaps and implement training plans
- To ensure effective communications within the team and also with key customers in manufacturing
- To liaise effectively with external suppliers and contractors to ensure best service and pricing opportunities are maintained
- To carry out servicing of machines and ancillary equipment as per the relevant schedules
- To carry out facility repairs and maintenance as per the schedule or as and when required
Ideally as Maintenance Supervisor you will have a production machinery as well as facilities maintenance background. You are likely to be currently working as a Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Team Leader or Maintenance Manager.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this highly desirable Maintenance Supervisor role.