Position - Shift Maintenance Supervisor
Location - Somerset
Salary - £33,000 - £37,000 + £5,000 shift allowance
Shifts are from 6am - 6pm / 6pm to 6am
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Maintenance Supervisor to join our team at our site in Somerset. It is expected that the successful candidate will possess proven experience of supervising an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment.
The position is a Shift based role though the Supervisor is expected to be very flexible should the situation require out of hours attendance or overtime working. The role is very much a practical "hands on" role, not office based.
The Shift Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible to:
- Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the company
- Supervise external subcontractors and activities whilst they are on site
- Ensure that all external contracts are updated & correct
- Advise Site Manager on all training requirements, be they technical, regulatory or personal, based on in-depth interaction with Shift Supervisors/engineers
- Assist the Site Manager to increase the efficiency of the company's support solutions
- Be an effective team-leader focused on team building assisting Shift Supervisors to build & develop productive teams
- Develop strong working relationship with Control Room Supervisor to promote and ensure a unified approach to problem solving & solutions
- Work against timeframes to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of local issues and successes and addressing all concerns in a professional manner
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Provide the data collation support for the Site Manager to deliver monthly summary and detailed reports, covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
Qualification, skills and experience required:
- Hold an HNC/ONC/BTEC or City and Guilds in an appropriate mechanical or electrical discipline
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC) preferably Siemens S7
- A relevant IEE wiring regulations qualification (17th Edition)
- IPAF licence for scissor lift
- Working at Height (harness)
- Customer focused and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Team orientated & competent in dealing with issues to resolve them diplomatically
- Proven Organisation Skills
- Physically fit and be able to work at height
To apply for the Maintenance Supervisor vacancy please email an up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics consultant.