Maintenance Site Engineer
Heavy Mobile Equipment
Salary of £25,000 with OTE c£43,000
Can you offer a recognised Automotive, Construction Plant or Engineering Technical qualification, as a time served engineer in both the workshop and field? This Maintenance Site Engineer role will see you exposed to Heavy Plant and Equipment Engineering in the Quarrying and Aggregates field, delivering a first class Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) repair and maintenance service for key customers in-line with contractual and business performance measures.
You will be responsible for your own safety and that of other team members and working with the Workshop Manager, Team Lead and Site Administrator for the scheduling, maintenance and repair of the on-site HME fleet to ensure customer contractual and business requirements are consistently delivered and exceeded.
In addition to delivering and promoting safe working practices, driving a health and safety culture in order to eliminate accidents, key accountabilities in this Maintenance Site Engineering role will include;
- Support the SHEQ team in conducting risk assessments and implementation of (localised) SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Support the SHEQ team in conducting near miss, accident and incident management activities (initial report, investigation, corrective actions)
- Ensure compliance with ISO quality accreditations as appropriate and support both internal and external audits as required.
- Support SHEQ team in inspection activities as part of internal and external audits and implement recommendations and corrective actions.
- Participate in relevant SHEQ training and briefings as required and ensure any health, safety and wellbeing surveillance assessments are completed in a timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to regular toolbox talks and safety briefings to reinforce the health and safety message, and work towards an ever increasing awareness of safety risks involved within the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work place is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Responsible for reporting all Health, Safety and Environmental non-compliance issues, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Responsible for - the delivery of all repair and maintenance activities to contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and deadlines in accordance with customer contractual requirements and internal business performance and quality standards.
- Responsible for following all industry 'best practice' guidelines, health and safety requirements and customer and business policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing regular updates on maintenance activity to the Site Administrator and Team Lead to ensure the Fleet Reporting System is accurate and current.
- Drive to ensure adherence and development of established 'best practice' maintenance processes in-line with OEM recommendations, customer contractual requirements and agreed service and quality parameters and ongoing development of the maintenance provision.
- Support the delivery of continuous improvement in repair and maintenance performance and cost / value control. Work closely with the Team Leader to support the planning of tasks, continually improve maintenance strategies, manage local consumable and parts stocks, and support the training and development of the local engineer resource.
- Carry out periodic scheduled maintenance in line with OEM and industry best practice, and in accordance with the forward servicing schedule.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and unscheduled maintenance in line with OEM and industry best practice, ensuring tasks are prioritised to maximise equipment availability for the customer.
- Ensure that backlog repairs are captured and reported to the Site Administrator such that they are planned as appropriate and carried out at next most suitable maintenance intervention.
- Ensure that oils and fluids samples are expedited in a safe and efficient manner such that their interpretation can drive a condition monitoring methodology as required of the project.
- Ensure that all specialist tools and lifting equipment are calibrated and/or certified fit for purpose as required by industry best practice and legislation.
- Provide suitable and relevant data to enable the provision of reports and performance dashboards on fleet management and supply chain activities as required.
- To maintain a professional attitude, building and maintaining relationships with the customer.
Key competencies for this Maintenance Site Engineer role will include;
- Strong customer relationship development skills at a customer site.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems and maximise opportunities.
- Takes a positive and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Experience of LEAN / Continuous Improvement activities and principles are desirable
- Results driven and strives to exceed expectations of the customer and business.
- Works in the interest of the entire business, not just own area of the business.
- An understanding of IT, fleet management systems and technology and their application in an office and fleet management environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to act as a credible representative of the company .
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation in an automotive, engineering or HME environment and its effective application.
If keen to learn more about this Maintenance Site Engineer role please contact Grant Nisbet for further details.