Manchester City Centre
10 months ago
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Salary: Negotiable Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Manager to work for our client at their site in Manchester. This is an exciting role working for a well-established engineering and manufacturing business who have facilities across the global, they are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to manager their team of electrical and mechanical engineers across a busy manufacturing facility.
- Involved in all aspects of managing the team of both electrical and mechanical engineers on site with a wide range of maintenance activities including machinery installation, machinery servicing and maintenance.
- Mange and plan capital investment projects on site
- Schedule PPM activities and react to any breakdown operations
- Involved in building fabric and facilities maintenance
- Continual compliance with HS&E policy and promotions of safe working practices across the site, along with environmental awareness throughout the department and its subcontractors
- Ensure that all direct reports are working effectively and meeting or exceeding agreed targets
- Install and maintenance machinery and equipment capable of adherence to company’s quality policy and procedures to agreed targets
- Operator within budget and project specific parameters, corporate guidelines and protect corporate assets
- Ensure all legal, regulatory plus internal policies and procedures are complied with
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
- Assess existing internal and external maintenance resource(s), recommend and implement future provisioning
- Assess existing planned maintenance programmes, recommend and implement future programmes
- Assess existing fire and security systems, recommend and implement any changes necessary
- Assess existing statutory maintenance and inspection programmes, recommend and implement any changes necessary
- Manage planned factory refurbishment and capital investment projects
- Support HS and Environment Officer in action required to comply with regulations
- Any other reasonable duties or accountabilities that are consistent with the role and driven by the organisational requirements at any given time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Education- Degree / HNC Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, IOSH and NEBOSH qualification
- Experience of managing maintenance teams within a manufacturing environment
- IT – Microsoft products, numeracy, literacy, communication, negotiation, problem solving, prioritise, man management and effective team working
- Areas of Knowledge: (R) Machinery Maintenance, (P) Machinery Installation, (P) Building and Facilities Maintenance
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.