Dudley, West Midlands
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to work at our client's site in the West Midlands, the role will be to provide an efficient planned and responsive maintenance service to the plant.
Along with ensuring optimum plant performance and output, and to ensure conformance of all workers in relation to; legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment assurance standards, Health and Safety, Company policies, and Safe working practices.
Position in organisation: To report to the Regional Operations Manager
Responsible for: Chargehand, Control & Instrument (C & I) Technician, Electricians/Electrical Engineer and Mechanical Fitters
- Planning, organisation and monitoring of all routine and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Development and implementation of a routine inspection and monitoring programme to ensure the plant and all equipment performs at optimum level, and to minimise incidents or breakdowns.
- Planning and performance of all maintenance activities necessary to conform to statutory requirements.
- Manage a preventative maintenance schedule using the company CMMS system.
- To identify repetitive issues and propose longer term measures and solutions where necessary by monitoring.
- Record maintenance activities using the company CMMS system.
- Ensure that all data reporting on planned and unplanned maintenance actions are recorded correctly, promptly and dealt with by appropriate persons within the required time scales.
- To react to all plant defects by monitoring shift log entries and the Electronic Maintenance system and assign priorities for rectification.
- Liaise with contractors as the need arises.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Ensure that stock levels at re-order level are re-ordered for all items of spares and consumables.
- Supply forecasting and liaison with the Purchasing Manager to maintain adequate minimum stock levels.
- To supervise, control, support and motivate staff within the team and subcontractors.
- Manage the preparation, planning and execution of the annual outage and any unplanned shutdowns.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are trained, certified and competent in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure that all technical documentation for all on site equipment is adequate, up-to-date and accessible to all staff.
- Prepare and keep updated all technical specifications for goods and service requisitions.
- Collect and compare all offers for parts and services.
- Development of clearly defined procedures for all programmed or responsive maintenance activities and review where necessary to account of changes in operating systems and equipment.
- Develop and establish clear risk assessments and procedures for all maintenance activities.
- Monitor and analyse all maintenance related data in respect of controls, tests and technical reports.
- Prepare the annual maintenance budget.
- To work within the agreed maintenance budget and to manage its expenditure.
- Effectively manage all holiday requests and absences within the maintenance department, and ensure that adequate cover is consistently maintained.
- In the absence of the Plant Manager, take full responsibility for all plant staff and associated activities.
- To carry out annual staff appraisals, in line with Company policy.
- Implement safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety procedures/Policy and all Company policies.
- Ensure there is a high standard of housekeeping on the plant at all times.
- HND and relevant experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation equipment.
- Must have held a similar role within the last 2 years for a period of no less than 3 years.
- Experience of managing a team is essential.
- Experience of managing budgets is advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.