£50k per year
about 1 month ago
Location: Adbaston, Stafford, ST20 OQJ
Knighton Foods is a UK manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major retailers, co-food manufacturers, food service customers and
brand owners. The company manufactures dry powders such as custard, skimmed milk powder, instant desserts, coffee creamers and hot beverages and has an annual turnover in the region of 60 million across 2 UK based sites. The Knighton site, based in Staffordshire currently has c250 employees and is a 24/5 operation. The site has a number of processing capabilities and is the only UK operation of its kind to provide a co-packing facility, with 18 packing lines in total.
The tonnage for the site is circa 20,000 tonnes. There are approx. 180 finished goods SKUs, 216 Raw Ingredients, 515 packaging items, 442 semi-finished ingredients and 90
suppliers. The site has several complex processes that require an individual that has experience of working within a FMCG environment.
To deliver maintenance activities at the Knighton site contributing directly to the production of a range of dry powder products and process. To ensure production front line managers are correctly supported to achieve OEE Wastage and performance targets measured on all areas of equipment. To lead improvement activities to help reduce downtime and improve OEE. To help ensure that the engineering department complies with all inspections, internal and external. To work safely, efficiently and effectively within the Engineering Department meeting deadlines and targets to ensure quality products are produced on time, whilst following site safety rules, food safety rules, quality management and packaging procedures. Manage and motivate a team of engineers to be able to service production requirements promptly with minimum disruption.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory (Safety, Health and Environment) items as they relate to the machinery and equipment at the Knighton facility. This to include: Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory legislation in respect of inspection, maintenance and repairs, and adherence to Food Safety standards.
- Ensuring all process modifications and equipment modifications are in accordance with site health, safety regulatory and environmental requirements.
- Provide daily engineering Maintenance and Electrical response to address and rectify breakdowns. Ensure engineering Team Leader work closely with the Production teams to ensure jobs are prioritised relative to production demand such that customer orders are not delayed.
- Assist the Reliability Manager in planning and scheduling routine maintenance work and equipment shutdowns to minimise downtime.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with maintaining the revenue spend for repairs and maintenance in accordance with agreed targets.
- Support where appropriate any site productivity improvement programmes, identifying and correcting process inefficiency and driving process optimisation to deliver increased productivity, improved quality and reduction in downtime (OEE improvement).
- Participate in machinery evaluations and the selection of new equipment. Help Implement maintenance regimes for new equipment.
- Ensure the maintenance workshop is equipped and maintained to the required standards, and at all times in accordance with Food Hygiene and the accepted standards of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Monitoring equipment and outputs to minimise waste, improve reliability and increasing the efficient use of resources and limiting down time.
- Required to attend all training required for this role and demonstrates flexibility in being available to attend all training, supports department with carrying out varied tasks and ensures own knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and the IESA Envoy and Reliability Manager to set engineering spares stock levels to ensure availability for routine maintenance and response to breakdowns.
- Ensure Knighton employees and contractors conform to factory standards when carrying out work on site.
- Ensure Engineering cover for the factory 24*7 as required.
- Help develop and maintain key departmental systems and tools. For example, Mainsaver, (PPM), Contractor control
- Liaise with Shift Line Managers on a daily basis and attend each daily Operational Review to ensure all departments are aware of outstanding actions and issues and own the delivery of appointed actions which may be raised, which will be handed down in the main to each Shift Team Leader to complete
- Communicate effectively and confidently to all departments at all levels
- Ensure employees within the team are managed and trained in accordance with company requirements
Education / Training / Knowledge
- Understands responsibilities to work safely and considers the safety of others
- Good understanding of written and spoken English, Maths & IT
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own
- Flexibility and reliability
- Attention to detail in all tasks
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- HACCP level 2
- ONC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Team Leadership
Experience / Skills
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment
- Experience of working as a Team Leader / Supervisory position
- Time management - prioritises and manages own workload to ensure tasks are delivered on time.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an FMCG environment
- Strong leadership skills being able to drive teams performance
- Knowledge of packaging and process equipment
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.