Salary £55,000 - £65,000 (DoE) + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Maintenance Engineering Manager
Salary circa £55,000 - £65,000 (DOE) + benefits
As Maintenance Engineering Manager for this manufacturing business, you will be joining a progressive forward-thinking organisation that has developed a strong brand and reputation for manufacturing engineering excellence. The company supplies engineered products across a wide range of industrial and commercial sectors. They are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Maintenance Engineering Manager who will report directly to the Plant Director and become an active member of the senior management team. The position requires an in-depth understanding of modern engineering maintenance practices together with a track record that demonstrates an ability to work with people, creating a continuous improvement team-based culture that will give high levels of health, safety and environmental compliance, plant availability/reliability to deliver products on time in full of the highest quality.
To be considered for this Maintenance Engineering Manager position you must have or be:
- Working as a Maintenance or Engineering Manager within a medium/heavy, automated processing environment, this could include presswork, injection moulding, die casting, steel production or other heavy automated PLC controlled continuous/batch processing plant.
- Able to develop a sustainable culture of continuous improvement with all the necessary policies and procedures to ensure the health safety and wellbeing of all employees.
- Develop and implement simple but effective KPIs based on OEE, downtime, baseline reliability improvement, availability and critical spare parts usage and stock holding.
- A strong maintenance and engineering background that demonstrates an ability to deliver an effective maintenance strategy and have a solid understanding of Mechanics, Electrical/Electronics, PLC, Hydraulics, Pneumatics working within a controlled risk assessed and safe systems of work environment.
- A thorough understanding of modern maintenance and manufacturing methods, including CMMS, TPM, RCM, OEE, Condition Based Monitoring, Visual Management, 5S, and root cause analysis.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and equipment vendors that will ensure fast response of spare parts and services to critical breakdowns as and when they occur.
- A Mechanical, Engineering, Electrical/Electronic, Mechatronic qualification ideally to HNC/HND level or above ideally supported by a recognised apprenticeship with significant continued professional development and training.
- A real passion for continuous improvement and engineering excellence, setting high standards built upon standard operating procedures and safe systems of work and able to deliver an effective maintenance function that works together, supporting the production teams.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern maintenance techniques at all levels across the business, breaking down silos, developing flexibility, creating engagement, and a team-based ethos.
- Excellent communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to HSE, continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will deliver exceptional levels of plant availability in a controlled and safe environment.
- A dynamic and driven personality, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the company, work effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom, with customers and suppliers alike.
This is a challenging Maintenance Engineering Manager position that presents a great opportunity to develop a world class maintenance function with a growing business and be part of a close-knit senior management team who are fully committed to a business transformation. Heading up the maintenance function will require strong leadership, people management and decision-making skills with a focus based on employee engagement that will deliver the highest levels of plant availability and reliability in a controlled and safe environment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.