Job Title Maintenance Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer for our client at their plant in Southampton, this role will be working with the company's current maintenance team and will be to support the Maintenance Manager in the implementation of planned preventative maintenance requirements.
- Assist and support the Maintenance Manager in organising and managing the site maintenance function, Mechanical, Electrical, Control and Instrumentation
- To ensure high plant availability and performance within approved budgets, whilst liaising with operations staff to ensure a high level of service.
- Responsibility for assisting with the Management of the maintenance department, implementing the planned preventative maintenance, overhauls and planned shutdown works within strict budgets in line with company policy and procedures.
- The role requires you to also assist with the management of companies CMMS, implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements, ensuring safe, efficient and reliable plant operation including compliance of statutory inspections.
- Main responsibilities are to; Ensure compliance with the company's Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure that the facility operates within legal requirements and environmental legislation ISO 9001,1401,1800
- Assist with Management of onsite training of Apprentices including monitoring and reviews, where applicable
- Assist with the management of the site stock holdings and critical equipment spares to ensure levels are fit for purpose
- Assist Maintenance Manager with planning and management of planned maintenance outages, including specification of work, quality control and co-ordination between all parties involved
- To be available on site during any planned annual outage and also to be called in during emergency situations and plant breakdowns when necessary.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Apprentice trained Engineer / Technician, qualified to HNC standard in a relevant Engineering discipline (however extensive relevant experience will be considered)
- Proven experience, and conversant, with steam raising and power generation, preferably within an Energy from Waste environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Pressure System Safety Regulations and Statutory inspection regulations is also required.
- You will also have significant experience, understanding and knowledge of maintenance of a variety of plant and apparatus including Low / Medium and High Voltage equipment, 415V motors, variable speed drives, switchgear, major rotating plant large rotating equipment, boiler and steam plant and auxiliaries, material handling equipment, crane equipment, abatement equipment and plant auxiliaries etc. Leadership of a multi-skilled team is desirable.
- An understanding of current environmental and health & safety issues alongside a knowledge of Regulatory requirements is also required.
- Candidates must be IT Literate in Excel, Word & SAP with the ability to interrogate / understand maintenance problems, to provide accurate plant condition information / recommendations.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.