Industry/Sector: Maintenance and Engineering
A Maintenance Engineer is required for a leading distributor of electronics, automation and control components. We are looking for a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer who you will support with the delivery of technical projects and technical support for both MHE and Building Services, whilst achieving a first-class level of Health and Safety, compliance and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will provide technical and operational support to all teams where possible, dealing with and resolving any day to day issues for Technicians - being the liaison between the office and shop floor.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will be required to:
- Help and assist with projects, improvements and repairs to equipment.
- Liaise and manage contractors, suppliers and Repairers including PTW and Audits, ensuring all tasks are managed in a timely manner.
- You will also help with risk assessments, attend H&S Meetings, assist the on-site CI team with bi monthly meetings and assist teams in driving their CI projects to a successful conclusion.
- Other duties will include obtaining quotes for parts e.g. Motor/gearboxes, Motor resolvers, Sorter pec's, LHD Motors, Crane carriage parts, maintaining stock system via NPI forms.
- Taking delivery of spares and assisting admin with allocation to teams and liaising with teams for return to stores/stock.
- Pack and dispatch parts for specialist repairs and track parcels to ensure delivery/SLAs.
The Maintenance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to coach and lead on Technical issues / problem solving.
- Recognised trade qualification ONC or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar industrial environment
- Able to interpret electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC drawings and schematics
- Knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Experience of working within a time critical, distribution/operational/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing contractors.
- Knowledge of PLC's and control systems
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of industrial electrical equipment and have a maintenance background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Maintenance Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .