£31k - 34k per year
3 months ago
Role: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Birmingham (Central)
Shifts: 8am - 5pm (4 pm finish on a Friday)
Salary: £31'000 (£34'000 after probation)
A maintenance engineer is required to join a long standing sub contract electroplating company. This is a 'hands on' role where you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance to all areas of the business. This includes amongst others, mechanical, electrical and plumbing repairs as well as building and property maintenance.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, your key responsibilities include:
- Reacting to breakdowns undertaking mechanical, electrical, plumping (gas and water) repairs.
- Maintenance of calibration records in line with ISO9000 and ISO14001 registration
- Installation of new plant equipment
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance and identify areas for improvement
- To source / collect spare parts from local suppliers if required.
- Ensure that all work carried out is undertaken using safe working practices
- Liaise with sub-contractors on work and projects undertaken
- Fault finding electrically, mechanically and on PLCs
Required Skills & Experience
Our Idea candidate will have a background in:
- 18 th Edition or equivalent
- Multi-Skilled background is essential, being able to undertake both mechanical and electrical repairs
- Understanding of steam raisers, pumps, PLCs and process software preferred but not essential
- Proven track record of working within an electroplating environment will be an advantage
- Must be able to work on own and be self-motivated
- Potential call outs out of hours to react to breakdowns and / or out of hours concerns
- A current and valid driving licence would be advantageous
- Have the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- Have team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.