£36k per year
Title: Maintenance Engineer
Shifts: 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm
- Responsible for carrying out planned, preventive and repair maintenance activities on plant and various machinery (including Thermoforming machinery) as required. To liaise closely with Production Supervisors / Production and Technical management staff and to liaise with and assist with external contractors as necessary in connection with this.
- Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance activities connected with the fabric of the premises and its fixtures and fittings are carried out in a timely manner
- To assist with purchasing and stocking activities connected with plant maintenance, when as authorised by the Maintenance supervisor including ordering and storage of machine spare parts and other maintenance related consumables
- To assist Management with the provision and upkeep of maintenance and cleaning records.
- Ensure that work connected with capital or revenue projects, within scope of abilities is carried out within time frame. This will include assistance with machine installations, modifications to plant and equipment and Health & Safety requirements etc.
- To assist in keeping production areas, maintenance stores and tool stores clean and tidy and to work safely at all times. To be aware of, and adhere to, all Company safety, quality and hygiene procedures.
- To attend daily production meetings in the absence of the maintenance supervisor while updating the Production Manager of any breakdowns / repairs.
- To supervise the activities of the mechanical apprentice engineer in the absence of the maintenance supervisor.
- To assist when required with any setting / forming issues on machines as directed by the Production Manager.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.