Packaging Solutions Manufacturing
A Maintenance Engineer is required to provide support to the Engineering Manager and ensure all safety reviews, risk assessments and a safe working environment is paramount.
The client, a global innovative packaging solutions manufacturer based in Slough, requires a Maintenance Engineer to ensure the smooth running of the shift Engineering team covering breakdowns, PPM and ensuring work is correctly coded. As the Maintenance Engineer you will be required to:
- Carry out safety reviews and risk assessments on all machines ensuring a safe environment
- Mechanical and electrical hands on engineer required to work with the UK maintenance operations in our Slough manufacturing plant from 07:00 to 15:00
- Deputise for engineering manager when required
- Work with the Engineering Manager to increase and optimise efficiency on the production lines
- Ensure the quality of the engineering work is up to a high standard
- Ensure the smooth running of the shift engineering team covering breakdowns, PPM and ensuring the work is correctly recoded
- Manage the engineering work request procedure, this includes making sure jobs are done in a reasonable time, the quality of the work is up to standard and the excel log is kept up to date
- Maintain upkeep of stores inventory with the team
- Be flexible in dealing with out of hours calls, assisting with 24/5 shift cover, working some weekends and covering shifts when shift engineers are not available
- To ensure knowledge and experience is shared freely and openly with colleagues
- To support Engineering Manager in reducing monthly spend on labour and spares
- Actively participate in continuous improvement using TPM, 5S, 5 Why
- Liaise with external contractors, carry out RAMS
- Carry out projects and modifications from concept to completion
- Work with the team to find contractors to support maintenance on major repairs
The Maintenance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Electrical skills, 3 phase motors, drives and control gear knowledge.
- PLC and HMI fault finding skills would be advantageous.
- Experience with FMCG, food, packaging, lamination, extrusion, or flexo-printing is desirable.
- Multi-discipline experience in both electrical and mechanical.
- Ideally up to date with the current UK/European safety requirements and legislation.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Maintenance Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.