Maintenance Engineer - South Derby / Nottingham - Strong Salary & Benefits
A Maintenance Engineer is required with an either a Mechanical or Electrical background combined with experience of operating in an automated environment. Candidates from the Logistical Warehouse or FMCG sectors would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, a world leader in warehouse technologies supporting a diverse range of industries based in the South Derby / Nottingham area requires a motivated and driven Maintenance Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Maintenance Manager you will be required to:
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical Fault-Finding
- Working against a time-frame to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Appreciation of control systems
The Maintenance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Completed a time served apprenticeship in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline to a minimum standard of NVQ 3
- Experience of operating in an automated environment
- Understanding of PLC's and their function is beneficial but not essential
- Understanding of WMS, WMC systems is beneficial but not essential
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of Non-Destructive Technologies and Testing
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon whereby alternative methods will be utilised given the current circumstances. If you have experience of maintaining automated equipment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Maintenance Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.