Job title: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
A Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer is required with a strong engineering background that can perform mechanical and electrical duties. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this tier 1 Automotive supplier based in Heckmondwike, requires a proactive Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with fault finding experience for a new permanent role.
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be required to:
- Maintain a safe working environment, following EHS procedures (such as risk assessments, LOTO) carry out audits and propose improvements
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance in a timely manner, logging work carried out, time required, spare parts and consumables used. Document root causes of failures and log any outstanding actions.
- Provide a fast response to emergency situations, diagnosing faults both electrically and mechanically and taking action to prevent deterioration.
- Recognise the importance of energy management and identify energy saving opportunities
- Provide support to project teams and continuous improvement activities, implementing changes to equipment
- Support in wiring and machine upgrades, new installations and the elimination of obsolete parts or software
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
- Effective communication between shifts and departments
- Control of contractors on-site, raising permits to work as and when required, ensuring Method Statements, Risk Assessments and copies of Liability Insurance and any relevant licences for equipment are retained
- Manage obsolete hardware and ensure spares/upgrading is carried out as required
- Upgrade documentation and software where required to improve fault finding and diagnostics.
- Work flexible hours and carry out additional duties as required to support the Maintenance Team.
The Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Good strong engineering background, i.e. undertaking of manufacturing processes, (Automotive experience would be an advantage).
- Competent in electrical and mechanical fault-finding including PLC Systems, HMI’s, DC drives, Inverter controls, safety control systems (mainly Siemens / Mitsubishi), Profibus systems, burner controls and gas systems.
- Understanding of data networks.
- Knowledge of burners and boilers (advantageous)
- Knowledge and experience in fitting bearings, pulleys, chains, tracks, transport belts and sensors.
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment- electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their limitations etc.
- Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector.
- Able to understand ‘modern engineering philosophies’, for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, 5’s, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001, IATF16949 etc.
- Self-motivated pro-active approach demonstrating enthusiasm and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Willingness to train others and create work instructions/maintenance schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Welding (MIG / TIG / Stick)
- BTech / ONC / OND / C&G level 3, HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Certification in the latest IEE wiring regulations
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of preventative and reactive maintenance and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.