- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Kulbir Samra
- Contact Email: Kulbir.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: .
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58929
Job title Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £34’000 - £36’000 fantastic earning potential - £44'000
Hours: Mon to Friday
- Week 1: 6am - 2pm, Mon to Fri
- Week 2: 8am - 4pm, Mon to Fri
- Week 3: 8am – 4pm, Tue to Sat
- Week 4: 2pm – 10pm, Mon to Fri
On Call: 1 in 4 weeks (when on 2pm - 10pm Shift)
Call out allowance: paid 3 hours at x1.5, x2 on Saturday plus petrol allowance
Benefits: Outstanding package including holiday allowance
Responsibility for the overall maintenance of the site including both reactive and planned maintenance tasks, fault finding , plant optimisation whilst supporting the Engineering Manager creating capital plans and budget. Maximise efficiency, service and feed consistency while ensuring that feed safety and health standards are never compromised
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance utilising agreed schedule
- Carry out reactive maintenance as required
- Order and maintain a stock of spares, along with sourcing parts and other spares in a cost effective manner
- PLC Fault finding via I/O
- Quick resolution to plant breakdowns, faults, leaks etc.
- Minimise Plant downtime due to mechanical and electrical failure
- Monitor plant condition on a regular basis to prevent unnecessary equipment failures
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager to contribute to 5-year Capital plan, identifying productivity and equipment energy and efficiency improvements
- Multi-skilled engineer
- HNC (or equivalent) preferred
- Suitable & relevant Engineering experience
- Experience of planned maintenance systems
- A logical and structured thinker, with a strong ability to solve problems.
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing; CI or lean methodologies is desirable not essential
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.