Salary negotiable plus good pension and benefits.
about 1 month ago
Maintenance and Facilities Manager
Permanent position - Narborough, Leicester
Salary negotiable - Excellent benefits.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance and Facilities Manager to develop and manage the business's maintenance team.
The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Maintenance and Facilities Manager on a permanent staff basis.
As the Maintenance and Facilities Manager, you will be required to:
- Management of the engineering and maintenance department.
- Meeting safety and compliance requirements.
- Improving the performance of the maintenance department including safety, quality and machines downtime due to breakdowns etc.
- Preparation and management of labour, spare parts and CAPEX budgets.
- Reviewing new equipment designs and equipment modifications.
- Monitoring works orders and PM systems for quality system compliance and completeness
- Review production, quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Training and empowerment of workers to improve work performance, safety and ensure work complies with company policies and procedures.
- Management of site facilities including the preparation of documents for tender for contractors, supervision and coordination of work of relevant contractors, checking that work has been completed to a satisfactory level and ensuring any issues are followed up within agreed timeline.
- Managing the costs for required goods or services to ensure maximum value for money and coordinating with the relevant departments and managers.
- Coordinating closely with managers and oversee internal and external communications to ensure disruption to core activities is minimised.
- Working closely with the Plant Manager, Production Manager and EHS Engineer to ensure the buildings and equipment meet the necessary Health and Safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives and ensure the best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings or reorganisation of current premises.
- Managing building and maintenance projects including necessary reporting, planning, calculation and comparison of costs, and approvals.
- Directing and coordinate central services including archiving, cleaning, vending, waste disposal and recycling.
- Willing to undertake responsibility as Duty Holder
The Maintenance and Facilities Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Relevant level of experience in facilities and maintenance management within a manufacturing environment essential.
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline along with Electrical bias work experience.
- Good project management skills and time management to enable efficiency in a fast- paced role
- Technical knowledge of building services and ability to manage a varied and complex workload.
- Organised, and able to demonstrate attention to detail with the ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Excellent budget management skills with the ability to efficiently control costs and to make decisions quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication with a positive attitude and ability to work across multiple departments at all levels.
- Able to collaborate with others and create and sustain positive working relationships
- Good level of computer skills
This role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and qualified Maintenance and Facilities Manager.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience in Maintenance Management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.