Job Title - Machinist
Location - Peterborough
Industry - Automotive / Off Highway
A Prototype Machinist is required to work as part of the research and development team looking at engine test and development solutions for a major engine manufacturer.
The successful candidate will carry out a number of duties as detailed below. This is a key role that involves the manufacture of high specification prototype components within tight timelines. The ability to work to engineer's instructions and drawings, use your own initiative and work with the appropriate people to resolve issues is essential.
* Set-up and operation of various jigs and fixtures
* Operation of manual machines, as the role requires extensive experience with manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, band saws, grinding (surface/cylindrical) and other related equipment and tooling
* Be proficient with the use of all related measuring equipment and tooling
* Follow established processes and procedures for machining components at all times
* Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
* CNC and 3D printing experience would be advantageous
* An understanding of Feature - CAM would be advantageous,
Applicants should be willing to work shifts and overtime if required.
Applicants should be aware this is a contract position.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment