Job TItle - Machinist
Hourly rate - £18 depending on experience
Industry - Off Highway
An opportunity has arisen for a Prototype Machinist to join the Prototype Machining Facility, to work within the Research and Development Centre, as part of the Innovation & Technology Development Division. You will support the continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel Engines.
The successful candidate will carry out a number of duties as detailed below. This is a key role that involves the manufacture of high specification prototype components within tight timelines. The ability to work to engineer's instructions and drawings, use your own initiative and work with the appropriate people to resolve issues is essential.
- Set-up and operation of various jigs and fixtures
- Operation of manual machines, as the role requires extensive experience with manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, band saws, grinding (surface/cylindrical) and other related equipment and tooling
- Be proficient with the use of all related measuring equipment and tooling
- Follow established processes and procedures for machining components at all times
- Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time
- CNC and 3D printing experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of Feature - CAM would be advantageous
In addition to the above you will have a recognised apprenticeship, City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining, as well as relevant experience in machining. Applicants will be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.