We are currently looking for an experienced CNC supervisor who will guide a team responsible for Testing Machined components and materials for special materials company
Primary responsibilities include:
- Line Management of 6-7 direct reports;taking ownership of their safety, performance and personal development.
- Plan and supervise the daily running of the Precision Testing function.
- Ensure the quality of all operations are maintained and improved; including
- equipment calibration, standard operating procedures, material traceability, stocks of key components etc.
- Ensure consistent availability of capability within PT with cross training and resource planning.
- Assist with budget and capital management for the testing function.
- Assist in finding ways of improving and expanding the testing capabilities for quicker turnarounds and higher quality of data.
Experience and skills
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading a team
- Passionate about the team's training and development, empowering them to
- rise to the challenges they are facing.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure good shop floor control, workflow
- Able to embed and stanadardise reliable systems.
- Familiar with MS Office tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing management and techniques.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and 5S
- Be able to lead with regards to safe working practices and ensure all work
- is risked assessed and managed appropriately.
- Able to manage inputs from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of precision machining processes including turning, milling, EDM or Laser cutting, grinding, etc
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great company in an interesting, high tech environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience + excellent benefits.