Sutton in Ashfield
£35k - 40k per year
Machining Supervisor - CNC Turning - Sutton-In-Ashfield
£35k to £40k
Skills: Machining, CNC, turning, milling, supervisor, team leader, manager, programming, cell leader, Shop floor supervisor
A Machining Supervisor is required to join a progressive and award winning company supplying precision machined components and assemblies.
Summary and Main Purpose:
To maintain work flow throughout the sections in the most efficient manner, show leadership to the section team and use engineering knowledge to process work in the leanest way possible improving OEE at all times.
Machining Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Plan and co-ordinate manufacturing activities within cells to meet customer delivery schedules.
- Optimise productivity to meet production KPI's and reduction in cost of quality.
- Maintain the Health & Safety policy and environmental compliance within the section.
- Ensure that internal procedures and objectives are adhered to in order to meet the quality standard of the business.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the section team, including helping with any programming and Machining issues that may arise.
- Take direct responsibility for the production in the section, to exceed customer expectations in terms of delivery and quality.
- Liaise with other sections as required at daily production meetings, clearly defining capacity issues/opportunities in order to improve work flow throughout the factory and deliver the monthly sales loading.
- Ensure 5S is resourced, planned, executed and delivered in the section.
- Expert set up and operation of CNC multi axis machines.
- Exposure of working with MTO scheduling tool to front load and plan work.
- Ability to program CNC machines for complex jobs when required.
- Experience of running successful CI events on the shop floor is desirable.
- Previous team leader/ supervisor experience.
If you are interested in this exciting new Machining Supervisor opportunity please click on the link to apply. Alternatively you can send your CV direct to Oliver.Smith@jonlee.co.uk 01384 446104
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.