Machining Group Manager
To £57,975 + generous package
Are you interested in a role as a key member of the Operations Leadership Team, being responsible for the performance of a team of c.100 employees across a 2/3 shift-working pattern? Ideally you will have previous experience within Machining or Manufacturing Engineering.
This role will demand responsibility for the Facility Machining area, a busy and challenging business unit that requires an individual with high levels of commitment and the ability to respond quickly and decisively to customer demands in a rapidly changing environment. You will own and set the overall direction for the value stream in the area, with overall responsibility for PQVC (People, Quality, Velocity, Cost) performance of the department.
This role is pivotal to the success of the business and will strongly influence performance during a period of transformation and development, key responsibilities will include;
- Elimination of Injuries - Target Zero - Site Safety.
- Employee Engagement aimed at instilling a people first mind set through the team.
- Defect Free Product Manufacture. Using problem resolution tools to focus on BIQ improvements.
- Due Date Adherence. Leading the vision of customer satisfaction.
- OEE improvement actions per component stream to maximise uptime and efficiency.
- Budget setting, control and management to ensure financial plans are delivered.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, focused on the customer and meeting key performance metrics.
- Develop and lead positive and effective relationships with the shop floor team.
- Establish and maintain a process orientated environment to deliver defect free products for the customer and downstream process.
- Ensure efficient and accountable cross functional integration of support departments.
- Develop and implement near and long term PQVC (People, Quality, Velocity and Cost) plans and ensure the goals are met.
- Carries out regular PDP reviews with all employees to ensure ongoing coaching / advice and career development.
In addition to Operational Management / Leadership experience for large extended teams, key experience for this Machining Group Manager role will include;
- Accountability for delivering against challenging performance metrics.
- Performed a pivotal role in effecting a step change in improving performance metrics.
- Operated in a key role in effecting a cultural change.
- Proven track record of building successful teams through coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated experience in Six Sigma & CPS initiatives.
If keen to learn more don't hesitate to contact Grant Nisbet for further details.
£54000 - £58000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, healthcare
7 months ago