Machine Shop Manager - Aerospace - Bedford - Permanent
A Machine Shop Manager is required with knowledge of CNC Machining within a precision manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience of the aerospace or similar precision industry would be well received
Due to expansion this company, a precision manufacturer of machined parts based in the Bedford area requires a skilled Machine Shop Manager for a new permanent role.
With the role you will be required to:
- Provide effective and concise direction with regards to the day-to-day running of the CNC Machining Team.
- Responsible for the delivery of manufactured parts in line with customer requirements and deadlines.
- Take a leading position when making decisions for operational purposes.
- Ensure the serviceability of all associated equipment and machines to include tooling.
- Contribute to Design Reviews for both the customer and internal stakeholders.
- A small amount of off-line Programming will be required as this will be a hands-on role.
The successful candidate should have the following skills or experience:
- A proven leader with the ability to manage staff issues and drive forward production.
- Strong understanding of 3 and 4 axis machining processes (5 axis would be a distinct advantage).
- Able to program off-line ideally using PowerMill but this is not essential, other CAD/CAM packages are also welcomed.
- Experienced in new product introduction.
- Able to contribute with design reviews.
- Experienced in the scheduling of components onto machines.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Machining and are an experienced leader or manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Machine Shop Manager, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.