A Machine Shop Manager with strong experience of CNC Machining is required to manage a large machining operation with over 80 employees.
The role of Machine Shop Manager includes:
- Responsibility for the machining operation involving numerous Multi-Axis CNC machines with auto tool changers and centralised machine monitoring technology.
- The machines are used to rough and finish very large and medium sized components.
- Plan production and lead a team of over 80 personal inclusive of machinists, supervisors and team leaders.
- Full responsibility for the adherence to the production schedule.
- Analyse production uptime and downtime statistics and constantly review business critical needs including staffing levels, training and succession planning.
- Apply CI to all operations and be prepared to challenge the status quo.
The suitable candidate for Machine Shop Manager will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of CNC Machining processes.
- Senior Management Experience such as General Manager, Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, Machine Shop Manager.
- This is a large facility and requires a senior level individual with extensive management experience in excess of 50 heads.
- Strong people skills with the drive to succeed.
- The site is challenging due to the complexity and the size of parts being machined.
- Ideally an engineering (or related subject) Degree - Not essential.
If you have required skills and experiences for this Machine Shop Manager position then please click on the link to apply. In return we can offer a very attractive salary with excellent benefits such as a good pension and private health care.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.