Machine Setter Operator - New Lathe
Permanent position - Norwich
Salary negotiable + benefits.
We have an interesting opportunity for a Machine Setter Operator to work for an Automotive company based in Norwich.
As the Machine Setter Operator you will be required to:
- Produce components to schedule as supplied.
- Machine programming both on and offline.
- To ensure machine is maintained to optimum condition.
- To ensure programmes are both efficient and fully backed up.
- Determine tooling requirements for new jobs.
- Suggest new manufacturing methods.
- Must be able to operate alternative machines as required by supervision.
- Machine start-up, set-up and programme selection.
- Tool selection, cleaning and set-up.
- Reading and understanding of engineering drawings.
- Obtaining first off parts inspection and maintaining all quality standards.
- Completion of batch cards.
- Identification of maintenance concerns and first level resolution.
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines including keeping work area and machine clean and tidy
- Responsible for using and keeping in good condition all P.P.E. equipment supplied.
Skills or experience required:
- Experience working as a CNC Machine Operator.
- Good attention to detail and good communication skills.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Proven general machining experience.
- Ability to use workshop measuring equipment.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Machine Operator or Setter and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.