£35k per year
Role: M&E Surveyor
Salary: £35,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an M&E Surveyor to work for our client who is a global engineering consultancy, the role will work as part of their asset management team and be responsible for liaising with clients and facilities contractors in a role with wide ranging responsibilities and scope for development.
- Undertaking asset verification, condition or dilapidation surveys on mechanical and electrical plant
- Assess and provide specific insight into the condition, performance and operational risk of M&E systems by undertaking non-intrusive inspections
- Correctly identify, anticipate and, if appropriate, research all M&E assets expected in any built environment
- Gather and analyse as much information as is available on site from the assets, building management systems and O&M manuals, if required
- Where required, review statutory compliance documentation pertaining to building regulations, H&S and fire safety
- Identify issues which may affect other projects in the broader portfolio and share information using available resources and generate portfolio wide analysis for reporting to asset management team and clients
- Liaise and communicate effectively with on-site engineers and staff to gain access to all areas within a site
- Follow clear instructions without deviating from a set approach and methodology
- Feasibility surveys
- Report writing and reviewing reports written by others
- Undergo a full DBS (CRB), SC check if required
- The ability to win work and develop further business opportunities through relationship building will also be a key requirement of the role.
- Having a strong building services engineering background, either as a tradesperson or through an M&E design/facilities management career, you will have a good working knowledge of engineering plant, equipment and an understanding of applicable building services standards.
- Experience within a similar role, preferably within an outsourced building services or facilities/asset management role
- Engineering qualifications ideally having been time served in an electrical/mechanical trade
- Relevant further educational qualification (ONC/HNC/HND/Degree) preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Experience of working within the built environment
- Experience of utilising reporting tools
- Experience of interpreting information and undertaking analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a conclusion
- Robust project and programme management capability
- Ability to work away from the home office and potentially abroad
- Suitability for security clearance
- Knowledge of asset management principles
- Change control experience within projects
- Building strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained
- Experience with web based (database) software platforms
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.