Job title M&E Co-ordinator
Type & duration Consideration of both Contract and Permanent positions
Start date ASAP
Location Home base Watford but MUST be willing to travel UK wide
M&E Coordinator Duties
Fulfil the role of Site Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Coordinator at projects predominantly across England, but including Wales and sometimes Scotland. As Site Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Coordinator you will be the first point of contact between the clients M&E Design Team, Site Construction Manager and the various sub-contractors for all BMS, M&E requirements.
Duties shall include but not be limited to:-
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the BMS, M&E design and its interaction with process works and specialist equipment as set out within the 3D model, design drawings, specifications and other relevant documentation.
- Liaising with sub-contractors and timeously concluding (in conjunction with M&E Design Team and Site Construction Manager) all design and installation issues, such as:-
- Technical Queries
- Information requests.
- Technical Submittals
- Conduct surveys of and understand existing BMS & Mechanical systems, mode of operation, inspections of new installations as the works are installed to monitor and confirm design, technical and quality compliances. Fully implement quality processes and the Project Quality Plan and issue Non-Conformity Notices as necessary
- Ensure Non-Conformity Notices are closed out promptly, ensuring all necessary witnessing and sign off is in place and filed correctly.
- Monitor progress of works on site and report to both the Design Lead and the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of M&E progress on site with marked up red line drawings, minutes, other records and Non Conformity Notices as appropriate.
- Ensure all RAMS are in place and approved for the works prior to such work being undertaken.
- Ensure approved commissioning plans and handover procedures are in place prior to such works being undertaken and ensure that they fully comply with requirements in the specifications, Quality Plans and any other requirements made known by M&E Design Team. Ensure approved plans and procedures are fully implemented, witnessed, signed off and correctly filed in a timely manner.
- Chair and minute regular weekly/biweekly meetings with the BMS, M&E subcontractors to formally record progress, challenges, deliveries, information required, commissioning etc.
- Report to the Design Lead and the Site Construction Manager on the progress of the installation and commissioning works against the respective programme / plan.
- Coordinate as a team the works required on-site with the Site Construction Manager in timely manner and review 2 week, 4 week, 1 month look-ahead.
- Ensure M&E Subcontractors are providing record information as required under the respective Sub-Contracts as the project progresses including preparation of O&M’s, Engineering Turnover Packs etc.
- Ensure M&E design, installation & commissioning programmes are incorporated into the current Contract Programme.
- Attend Employer meetings as necessary, and represent the client in a professional and polite manner.
- Coordinate all works in accordance with Health & Safety requirements including on-site permit systems.
- Liaising with the Employer, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and third parties as appropriate.
- Monitoring the flow of information from the M&E Design Team to subcontractors and notify the Project Manager of any impact on progress and programme.
- Liaising with the Austin Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor on commercial aspects of the M&E installation.
- Organise pre-handover Employer training, ensuring that an accurate record of content and attendees is maintained
- Ensure O&M Manuals and Record Drawings are accurate and complete prior to handover to the Employer
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.