£28,248 per year
about 1 month ago
Logistics Team Leader (4 on 4 off days & nights)
Starting salary: £28,248 rising to £30,360 after probation, plus pension, bonus & 20 days holiday
A fast-paced manufacturing company are recruiting for a Logistics Team Leader to be responsible for ensuring all logistics and weighbridge activities are conducted in line with site processes. You will have a background of leading a logistics team within a fast-paced manufacturing environment with an understanding of managing a weighbridge.
As a Logistics Team Leader your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Promote a strong EHS culture always leading by example and demonstrate an engaging but challenging leadership style.
- Ensure vehicles are loaded/tipped and through the weighbridge process at the planned times according to SAP.
- Monitor performance throughout the shift and act quickly if required ensuring targets are met.
- Investigate and show improvements for any non-conformances raised.
- Ensure accurate stock control and daily counts conducted reporting any high stock levels of concern.
- To closely work with the warehouse and stock manager to optimise shift performance capabilities.
- Ensure a detailed documented shift handover is always conducted.
- This role is very hands on, and you will be required to monitor the performance of your team operating in different areas.
- Coaching and mentoring the logistics and weighbridge team members you will be responsible for improving your direct reports knowledge and performance.
An exciting opportunity for a Logistics Team Leader with the following.
- Previous experience leading a logistics team within fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP system, ideally SAP business one.
- Understanding of weighbridge processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Forklift truck trained, clamp operation desired.
If you are a Logistics Team Leader with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.